On many occasions directors have told me they are impressed by the quality of actors at my studio. (for example – “I was very impressed by the caliber of actors I met at your workshop” – that’s one exact quote!)
Sometimes directors ask me to send their casting breakdowns to actors who have studied with me. I don’t really have the capability/staff to figure out which actors to send particular announcements to – but I think I’ve figured out a way to get the information out, and put directors and actors in touch with each other.
Any actors who have studied with me are invited to let me know if they want to have casting notices forwarded to them. Directors are invited to send me casting announcements (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Instructions for Directors:
Instructions for Actors:
- Send a description of the project, and a breakdown of available roles.
- Include information where actors should submit their info.
- Include SAG or non-SAG status, and whether there is pay (if non-SAG).
I will mention in my forward to the actors, whether the director has worked with me or not.
- In order to participate, you need to be able to reply to the director or casting person with an on-line or email-able photo and resume and/or imdb link.
- Let me know whether to send you SAG notices, or non-SAG notices, or both. (If you are SAG-eligible, my understanding is that you can submit for both SAG and non-SAG roles. Check with SAG if you have any questions about that.) Also let me know if you are interested in casting notices for Theater roles.
- You might receive notices that are not right for you at all. If you are SAG you’ll get all SAG notices, if you are non-SAG you’ll get all non-SAG notices, if you ask for Theater you’ll get all theater notices – whether or not the roles are right for you. It will be up to you to read the breakdown carefully and decide whether to send your information.